Interacts daily with customers and team members ensuring highest quality of customer service and quality information
Job Title: Petroleum Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Petroleum Director
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Provide quality information flow to and from the patrons, to provide equitable and efficient service to our customers by our Petroleum Department. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Continue efficiency of Energy Edge.
• Take fuel and service orders
• Obtain all pertinent information to facilitate the accurate and swift fulfillment of these orders, including checking credit and account status prior to calling the drivers.
• Keep accurate records of all movement of LP gas rental tanks and balance monthly.
• Take appropriate action on delinquent accounts as directed by the Petroleum Director.
• File any information on the customer’s account in customer file.
• Type all correspondence for the Petroleum Department as directed by the Petroleum Director.
• Answer and screen all Petroleum Department calls as requested by the Petroleum Director.
• Calculate service tickets and key into the computer.
• Make sure all tickets are accurate.
• Report all questionable discrepancies to the Petroleum Director
• Assist in preparation and paperwork of month end inventory.
• Assist in collecting necessary information to calculate State and Federal gas tax.
• Pay transport drivers
• Resolve customer complaint if possible.
• Complaints which cannot be resolved are to be referred to the Petroleum Director.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Qualifications: Successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentages.
Reasoning ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving customers or employees.
Other skills and Abilities: Computer skills necessary (all Microsoft office software).
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to handle objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Disclaimer: The job description, indicates that the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover every activity, duty or responsibility required of the employee..