Job Title: Energy Service Tech
Reports to: Energy Service Manager
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Pay Range: $36,400 – $40,040/year
Timeframe: Position will remain open until filled, estimated 3-6 weeks.
The Energy Service Tech reports to the Energy Service Manager and is mechanically inclined, reliable, trustworthy, has strong communication and organizational skills, excellent customer service and possess the ability to learn rapidly. This role is a front-line position with work primarily focused in the field, setting up propane tanks, performing safety gas checks and performing maintenance on vehicles and equipment. Success in this role will require a positive attitude, great work ethic, organizational skills, and people skills!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing tanks, heaters, and regulators on-site
- Perform gas check at time of tank installation/new customer move-in’s for proper operation
- Educate customer with important safety information
- Maintain detailed records and documents of an organization’s equipment, including repair history
- Understanding and capability to read blueprints and diagrams with installation or repairs of equipment
- Ensure all company policies, procedures, handbooks, manuals, and state/local and federal codes are adhered to in connection with all troubleshooting, repairs, services, and installations
- Consistent compliance with company, state, and federal safety regulations
- Performs inspections and leak testing of propane systems, light propane appliances after service interruptions and places propane systems out of service as necessary
- Diagnose problems and come up with solutions to repair them
- Order parts needed for repairs if needed
- Fill out detailed reports and keep records on services that have been performed
- Comprehend customer requests and make appropriate recommendations
- Assist with delivery of propane
- Build and maintain relationships with customers
- Other duties as assigned
- Reliability to work flexible hours and work around a changing schedule
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and diagnostic skills
- Working knowledge of the equipment needed for the job
- Ability to work independently in managing priorities and making decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Efficient time management
- Strong self-motivation
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three months of related experience and/or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid CDL license with proper endorsements (preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will exert up to 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Work is performed in an office environment and requires the ability to operate standard office equipment and keyboards. Must have the ability to walk short distances, and/or drive a vehicle to deliver and pick up materials. Reasonable accommodations may be to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.