Receives, stores and issues equipment, material, supplies and merchandise and compiles product records in stockroom, warehouse or storage yard.
Job Title: Farm Store Clerk
Department: Farm Supply
Reports to: Farm Supply Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Receives, stores and issues equipment, material, supplies and merchandise and compiles product records in stockroom, warehouse or storage yard by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for all aspects of assigned department including but not limited to; ordering pricing and inventory of product as well as possessing the necessary knowledge and expertise to answer customer questions and aids in making purchases.
- Counts, sorts or weighs incoming articles to verify receipt of items on requisition or invoices.
- Examines product to verify conformance to specifications.
- Store articles in bins, on floor or on shelves, according to identifying information such as style, size or type of material.
- Fills orders or issues supplies from stock.
- Prepares periodic, special or perpetual inventory of stock.
- Requisitions articles to fill incoming orders.
- Compiles reports on use of stock handling equipment, adjustments of inventory count and stock records, spoilage of our damage to stock, location changes and refusal of shipments.
- Marks identifying codes, figures or letters on articles.
- Distributes adjustments or repairs to articles carried in stock.
- Determines methods of storage, identification and stock location, considering temperature, humidity, height and weight limits, turnover, floor loading capacities and required space.
- Maintains inventory and other stock records.
- Assists in all areas of store as needed.
- Provide quality customer service by helping customers.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintains cleanliness of all departments per supervisor.
- Assist all customers in their purchase.
- Maintain communication with all staff via radio and phone during shift.
- Will notify farm store manager before orders are placed with vendors if order exceeds $500.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has not supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodical, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advance mathematical concept such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis. Must be able to calculate margins and apply accordingly.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variable.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Disclaimer: This job description, indicates that the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover every activity, duty or responsibility required of the employee.