Job Title: Fuel Transport Driver
Reports to: Energy Service Director
The Fuel Transport Driver reports to the Energy Service Director and is responsible for providing safe and efficient delivery of fuel to specific drop off locations. This role will require attention to detail and organization skills as drivers will need to maintain accurate documents of the load they are transporting. This role does allow drivers to be home daily. Success in this role will require a positive attitude, great work ethic, organizational skills, and people skills!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivering fuel products to company service stations or other locations where they are needed
- Maintaining accurate records of deliveries and routes for tax purposes
- Inspecting delivery trucks for mechanical problems and maintenance needs
- Following all local traffic laws and regulations to avoid accidents and citations
- Following company procedures to ensure safe handling of hazardous materials during transfer and storage
- Maintaining proper inventory levels of fuel at retail outlets. Responsible for checking the tank and gauges for which fuel has been ordered and calculated if there is sufficient room for the load
- Required to walk lines to ensure proper valves are open/closed to direct product to its proper destination
- Following safety procedures to prevent injuries to oneself and others while working with machinery or fueling vehicles
- Other duties as assigned
- Great time management
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Great communication skills
- Excellent driving skills
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three years of related experience and/or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- CDL License, Class A with hazmat endorsement
- Valid Driver’s License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Work is performed in an office environment and requires the ability to operate standard office equipment and keyboards. Must have the ability to walk short distances, and/or drive a vehicle to deliver and pick up materials. Reasonable accommodations may be to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.