Provide safe and efficient delivery of goods and services to patrons. Make sales calls and incread customer activity.
Job Title: Propane Driver
Reports to: Petroleum Division Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Provide safe and efficient delivery of goods and service to patrons. Make sales calls and increase customer activity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Set up and establish routes to ensure timely delivery of fuels, oils and other special ordered products without special trips.
- Communicate with all accounts. Know their needs and relay this to management and department employees.
- Geo Code Tanks on Google Earth.
- Provide quality customer service and build good relationships with customers.
- Responsible for monitoring account credit status and taking an active role in fixing problems with accounts that have credit problems.
- Work and communicate with others in the department to ensure the smooth operation of the department and company.
- Treat all monies and resources of the Coop as if they were yours.
- Keep facility clean and in good working order.
- Maintain truck in accordance with the maintenance policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Utilize routing system.
- Leak Check any system that had an interruption in service.
- IE (out of gas, change of appliance, tenant change)
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees in small groups or in a one on one situation.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: CDL License, BX minimum. For LP Gas must complete C.E.T.P. for Refined Fuels must complete Refined Fuels Expert class.
Other Skills and Abilities: Requires knowledge of the following: trucks, fuels and oil. Company credit policy and prices. DOT laws and hazardous material requirement. Must have good personal skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Disclaimer: This job description, indicates that the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover every activity, duty or responsibility required of the employee.